Living With High Blood Pressure
As a nation we have become more aware of “high blood pressure.” It is recommended that people with high blood pressure avoid antihistamines because of their side effects. If you suffer from high blood pressure, Safetussin is the ideal cough formula for you, since it does not contain ingredients that will increase blood pressure or interfere with prescription blood pressure medications.
What is high blood pressure and how do you know you have it?
As you may know, the heart pumps blood into the arteries which distributes it throughout the body. As the blood is forced through the arteries, it presses against the walls. If there is too much pressure it wears the artery walls down and cholesterol forms at the damaged areas, helping plaque buildup and slowing the blood flow to the heart. Blood pressure should be checked on a regular basis by your physician or health care provider. It should be under 140/90. Anything above this is considered too high (hypertension).
• Family history
• Unhealthy weight
• Stress levels
• Poor diet
• Excessive alcohol use
Treatment and Prevention
Here are a few things you can do to control your blood pressure:
• Eat a healthy diet
• Exercise regularly
• Maintain a healthy weight
• Reduce your stress level
• Avoid smoking
• Limit alcohol intake
• Lower sodium intake
• Roughly 1out of 3 of US adults suffers from high blood pressure
• 76.4 million Americans have been diagnosed with high blood pressure
• High blood pressure is known as the “silent killer”
• Men and women have the same incidence of high blood pressure
• African Americans & Hispanics have the highest incidence rate of high blood pressure